Make plans to be in the Trego County Grandstands on Saturday, July 20th at 1p.m. to enjoy enduro racing at it’s finest!!
Trego County Fair Enduro Race Rules
1. The first car to reach 150 laps or the leader after 2 hours is the winner.
2. Each car and driver must be entered. Passengers are allowed.
3. The race will begin from a standing start with a maximum of 130 cars starting
4. Cars must hold their position until the green flag is displayed.
5. The red flag will be displayed if the track is blocked and racing can’t continue, all cars must stop. (cars moving under the red will receive a 5 lap penalty). The race will be restated with the cars in the same position as before the red flag. A car involved in the blockage that can continue may do so.
6. Cars will be allowed to enter the pits for repairs or servicing. Re-entry to the racing surface will be allowed as the pit official indicates. Pit stops will be permitted under green conditions only. (pitting under/during a red flag will result in a 5 lap penalty unless the car was already on pit road before the red came out).
7. No communication between cars, crew or spectators. Two-way radios are not permitted in cars pits or grandstands.
8. Pit stops must be achieved in an orderly and safe fashion. Cars entering the pit area may not exceed 5 mph or will be disqualified.
SUSPENSION, TIRES, WHEELS
1. Suspension parts must remain absolutely stock for that make and model car. No spacers, lumber or chains, etc. may be used to alter stock suspension of that car
2. Springs must be of an OEM design. No overload shocks with coilover springs. One spring and shock.
3. No racing wheels or offset wheels. Must pass through 9” loop at the bulge. No gumball tires, no studded tires. All season radial allowed.
1. The engines must be strictly stock for that model and make and in its original mounts. No after market external air coolers.
2. A/C and heat components may be removed.
3. Smog equipment may be removed.
4. Minimum 18 lbs. of vacuum at 1000 RPM
5. Air cleaner to oil pan must be all factory equipment!
6. Radiator may be replaced with after market unit.
CAR AND BODY
1. Any 1960 or newer car is eligible. No pickups, four wheel drives, jeeps type vehicles. 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines allowed. Minimum stock wheel base allowed is 105 inches for V8, 88 inches for V6 or 4 cylinder.
2. Roll cage may not extend into engine compartment. Gutting of factory interior panels only allowed for roll cage clearance. EXAMPLE: you may remove the inner door bracing if you are replacing it with door bars.
3. No bracing in the bumper areas. However, bumpers must be chained or cabled as a safety item to help retain the bumper.
4. All doors must be closed. Recommend welded, chained or bolted shut.
5. Racing approved shoulder harness and lap belts are recommended. Racing seats allowed.
6. All burnable type material, floor mats, head liners, rear seats, etc must be removed. The rear seat shelf must be left in as fire stop, and any openings to the trunk area must be enclosed if after market fuel cell is mounted in trunk.
7. Complete bumper to bumper steel unibody must be retained. No lightening permitted.
8. The stock steel unaltered floor pan, firewalls and trunk must be retained. (fuel cells, properly attached may be located in trunk.)
9. Cars must retain their strictly stock appearance, no cutting, chopping, channeling or shortening allowed. Hoods must be kept in place at all times.
10. Mesh window net are permitted, but must be removable.
11. Front inner fenders may be removed, rear inner fenders must remain. Wheel wells may be trimmed for tire clearance only.
12. No added weight allowed! No spare parts, extra battery, water bottles, tires, etc….may be carried while racing.
1. Stock transmission and rear end only. No aftermarket external oil coolers.
1. Fuel cells permitted and may be placed in the trunk area if securely fastened, or gas tanks must be original and remain in original location. Must have two (2) metal holding straps.
2. Batteries may be relocated but must be contained in a marine container or comparable container securely fastened.
3. Headlights, tail lights and all chrome must be removed.
4. Any loss of wheel or tire requires your immediate leaving the race course. Continuing on a flat tire is not permitted..
5. Rupture of your gas tank and/or loss of gas requires immediate black flag.
6. Approved helmet required.
7. Any driver climbing out of a car while on the racing surface during the green flag will be disqualified. NO Exception!
8. Cars will hold their position until the green flag is displayed.
9. The yellow flag will not be used. If there are cars with breakdowns or crashed, the other cars will avoid them and continue to race.
10. The red flag will be displayed ONLY if the track is blocked and racing cannot continue. All cars must stop under the red flag. The race will be restarted with the cars in the same position as before the red flag. Any car involved in the blockage that can continue to race may do so. The flagmen will indicate the middle of the race. The white flag will indicate the leader is on the final lap.
11. Pits will be at North end of race track.
12. Car pitting will be done inside race tracks. No trailer on the inside pits. Can set up tents inside.
13. IMCA tires will be allowed. Has to pass through 9” hoop.
14. Window nets are optional
15. Can use racing seat or stock seat.
16. Riders will be allowed. $10 per rider.
17. No claim on anything
18. Rearends have to match GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.
19. Track personnel will mount transponders.
20. All cars Teching will be done at beginning for safety. Then tech after race.
21. Must have 4 or 5 pt seat belts.
22. DOT or Snell approved helmets.
23. 1 inch lug nuts mandatory or Rf for full size cars
24. All decisions made by Fair Board/Race Director will be final.
QUESTIONS CALL SMOKY AT 785-731-1097
OR KEN AT 785-731-1074.